Saturday, January 2, 2010

A beginning - Self realization


Well...How to begin?This has been a question running through my mind since so long.
It’s been long pending and I don't think I can hold back anymore. I’m a full cup now and I need to empty it to improve, to improvise and to make it big. To empty it I need to do something and it’s been 1 year since I started thinking, and now I’m at saturation point. Nothing can go in and lots need to come out to make space for more. Now if you still haven’t got what I'm talking about here, it's my mind and my idea of writing a blog!!


I started off many - Mysore travelogue, Home Alone etc would be the titles to name a few. But all those works of art stopped after 1-2 paragraphs because laziness is a disease which is paralyzing. Manali – land of snow, Random Thoughts, A Train journey etc are few others which I had thought of but then never even started with. Neither my hands moved to type in the words nor the right words and full idea came to mind because of the laziness which had crept in and eaten into my whole mind and body. Now, I could just sit back and laze around cribbing and complaining that this was not right, or I could do something about it to overcome this deadly disease. I was doing the former till now. But off late I’ve started understanding that Actions speak louder than words. So I regularly try doing the latter hoping against hope that sometime in near future I’ll change. What better time for it, than at the advent of a new year? I can finally take some resolutions which I should stick on to, unlike in the past when resolutions used to be bubbles.



Here I try to look back and ponder upon a part of my thought process, defining what has made me what I'm now, and how I plan to find an antidote. I stepped into these shoes, of an IT professional, exactly 2 years back on Dec 3, 2007 with no hopes and aspirations here. In the first place I never wanted to be here and that is the most demotivating of all factors. My hopes, dreams and aspirations lie elsewhere (More into the details of that later, maybe one of my coming blogs. But first I'll finish off this and try finishing the others which got designed but never took shape). You don't need to have any particular hopes or aspirations here to catch this deadly disease. I came, I 'got' conquered!! People with aspirations and dreams to make it big here, beware!! You might come in for a rude shock in a very short span of time. It’s all rosy and tempting when you look at it from outside while what happens inside is as if all hell has been let loose. The level of monotonousness associated with the job is really frustrating and demoralizing and a disease that eats into your brain. People who dream big and aspire something else can’t stay on for more than 2 years. They’ll need a change like I do now.



How did I end up being here and struck down with this disease? Well that’s again another big story which I’ll detail in later, but a few pointers about it in brief. MBA – The dream destination and aim for anyone looking for a shortcut in life. I started off preparations for it hearing about the figures with uncountable zeros at the end as salary, less work pressure (which is not true), many people to order around etc. First 2 years ’06 and ’07 was wasted with the rosy pictures for immediate future in mind. Third year in ’08 when I wrote I was a member of the bandwagon of IT professionals, and still had not learnt my way around the jungle. I still had lots more to traverse, to learn that there are better things in life, than sitting in front of a computer sweating it out for someone who sits on the other side of the globe and you’ve never seen and probably will never see in your life. Now I believe that time has come, time for change that has been long waiting. I would like to consider this blog a precursor to that very change I’ve been in search of. Some things have been left unsaid all my life. Now it’s the time to wake a sleeping giant, to bring out the best in me, to do and say things which I've been keeping to myself. It’s always Better late than never!


To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment